Pricing and Payment
We offer PC users of all skill levels a high quality subscription-based technical support service over the Internet. Our service includes:
- Help Desk: Our highly professional Experts are ready to answer your questions and resolve computer problems 24x7
- OnLine Surgeons: Our proprietary software with ScreenSharing technology and automatic diagnostics to facilitate remote repair process
- OnSite Surgeons: This service is available throughout central Scotland when you have encountered a problem with your computer that you can't fix youself, and need an expert to visit your home or office.
Our Experts can answer your questions on the following products and applications:
- Microsoft® Windows® 95 OSR 2
- Microsoft® Windows® 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Millennium Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer (versions 4.0 and higher)
- Netscape Navigator (version 4.08)
- Netscape Communicator (versions 4.08 and higher)
- AOL browser (versions 4.0 and higher)
- Opera browser (versions 5.0 and higher)
- Microsoft® Outlook Express (versions 4.0 and higher)
- Microsoft® Outlook® (versions 97 and higher)
- Microsoft® Word (versions 97 and higher)
- Microsoft® Excel (versions 97 and higher)
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® (versions 97 and higher)
- Microsoft® Access (versions 97 and higher)
- Microsoft® FrontPage® (versions 98 and higher)
- Microsoft® Publisher (versions 2000 and higher)
- Microsoft® Visio® (versions 2000 and higher)
We constantly update the list of supported software as new products appear on the market.
Our Help Desk service is available only to registered users. To register, you can go to our registration page and complete the form. Then go to our Help Desk, ask a question and our Experts will help you resolve your problem immediately.
Our goal is to achieve maximum customer satisfaction. Even if your question does not fall into a category of products we support, our Experts will do their best to answer your question and offer you a recommendation or direct you to the place where you might find a solution. However, please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of the answer provided on products not officially supported.
As a registered user you are assigned an account, which tracks and stores all questions asked by you. If you do not have time to wait for an Expert's answer, you can simply post your question and leave it for our Experts to work on it. Once the solution to your problem is found you will get an e-mail notification with the link to the answer. You will be able to return and continue the dialogue at the time of your convenience.
All submitted questions that remain open for 30 days will be automatically closed with a prior e-mail notification to you. However, during the 30 days you can always go back to an open question and continue a dialogue with an Expert if you think that your problem was not resolved or additional assistance is required.
We strive to resolve all questions immediately. If a problem cannot be solved right away, our Experts will pass it on to the Test Lab, where the problem will be simulated and resolved. You will receive the answer within 24 hours.
ScreenSharing is one of the modules incorporated into our Online Surgeons tool. It allows you to let an Expert see your computer screen remotely over the Internet and share your mouse and keyboard. This way the Expert can apply a solution to your problem without going into lengthy explanations on how you could do it yourself.
Our Experts cannot launch the ScreenSharing until you grant them an explicit permission to do so. There is no way our Experts can use ScreenSharing to obtain confidential or sensitive information stored on your computer or network, deliberately destroy information on your computer or network, or cause you to experience system problems. You can always stop a ScreenSharing session simply by pressing the Ctrl + Break key combination.
Yes it does. But you should first contact your corporate system administrator to find out the necessary settings on your computer in order for ScreenSharing to work on your network.
Yes. Our ScreenSharing is firewall friendly, and all you have to do is correctly enter your firewall/proxy settings in Online Surgeons and have an Internet connection.
In order to take the full advantage of our service your PC should meet the following system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 95 OSR 2/ Windows 98/Windows 98 SE/ Windows NT 4.0 with Service pack 4 or higher/ Windows 2000/ Windows XP
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 4.0 and higher
Note: IE versions earlier than 4.0 do not support our products and service. If you use Netscape Navigator 4.08 or Netscape Communicator 6.0 you might experience problems accessing our service since our programs require the Internet Explorer browser installed on your PC with correct settings for Internet connection.
- On-line mode: You have to be on the Internet to use our remote diagnostics.
- Modem speed: The minimum required speed for downloads and a Help Desk chat session is 14.4 kbps, recommended 28.8-33.6 kbps; the optimum speed for ScreenSharing -- 56.6 kbps.
Internet Explorer versions 4.0 and newer are recommended. To reinstall Internet Explorer or to get the latest version, visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp.
Home PC users can subscribe to our service with one of the following payment plans:
- Single Incident £12.50
- 1-month subscription at £11.95
- 3-month subscription at £29.95
- 6-month subscription at £54.95
- Annual subscription at £99
We accept major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. All your personal and credit card information is protected with the industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. All payments are processed through WorldPay.
During the registration process you will be asked to provide us with your name as it appears on your credit card, your credit card number and expiration date. You will also be offered to select a subscription period. The payment you make will cover unlimited number of question during the corresponding membership period.
Your credit card will be billed within one
business day after your registration. If you are not satisfied
with our service, you may cancel your subscription during the
first 15 days and we will refund to you the full fee.
Our registration is arranged in such a way that we do not process credit card information, but use WorldPay Payment Processing service in order to ensure confidence and security of our customers' payment information.
If your credit card transaction failed, the reasons can be the following:
- Incorrect credit card information: Please enter this information
again exactly as it appears on your credit card.
- For some reason the information you submitted did not go through and could not be verified as valid. Please contact the credit card issuer or use another credit card.
Our pricing policy allows one registered user to use our service from multiple computers, but only one at a time, i.e. you cannot access our service from more than one computer simultaneously.
If you are still on a trial period, you can cancel by logging on to your account, clicking "Profile" and then the "Cancel Subscription" link. You'll be taken to another page with a form for you to fill out with the reason for cancellation. You will receive the full subscription fee back to your credit card.
If your subscription has passed the trial period, please send an e-mail to dll-downloads.com with the reason for your cancellation. The subscription fee for the unused period will be credited to your credit card.
Yes, we put a lot of emphasis on security and safety of information exchange with our clients. We use the industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect all the sensitive data (especially personal and financial) that travel between your computer and our servers, which guarantees that the information will not be intercepted and decoded by an unauthorized party.
During a ScreenSharing session your Expert will only access those applications that are needed to restore normal operation of your computer. You always maintain control over the repair process and can terminate ScreenSharing sessions at any time.
The only personal information we store on our servers is your e-mail address and your full name. The information about your system includes data such as the type of your operating system, processor type, the amount of free memory, the amount of free disk space and the like.
We collect only data about the configuration of your system so that we can locate and troubleshoot your problems faster and more successfully. We do not have access to any of your other personal information or data stored on your system. Every measure has been taken to make sure that the information we have about you cannot be accessed by any third party.
For further information on this issue please Contact us.
Our client-side software collects only the information needed for accurate location and diagnosis of your problem. In particular, we collect information about:
- Input devices, such as keyboard and mouse
- CD ROM, floppy drives and logical disks
- Motherboard, controller, ports: BIOS, Physical bus, cache
memory, DMA channels, floppy controller, IDE controller, parallel
and serial ports and their configuration
- Physical and system memory, sound devices
- Network adapters and configuration
- Printers and their configuration
Information collected will not contain any sensitive information such as Web sites visited, e-mail messages, e-mail addresses, passwords, profiles, etc. Before sending system information to our Experts, you can view what data the diagnostic module has gathered.
Yes. But before a ScreenSharing session begins, an Expert will ask for your permission to it and request that you close all documents containing private information.
Absolutely not. During a ScreenSharing session our Expert sees only what you see and whatever you decide to show on your screen. The only way for an Expert to work directly on your computer is for you to explicitly agree to use ScreenSharing. Also, an Expert will not take any actions without asking for your permission. The programs that we use during the repair sessions have been designed in such a way that it is impossible to access any sensitive and private information on your PC.
Don't worry. Click the "Forgot your Password" link right underneath the "Logon" button on our home page, or on the Logon information confirmation page, which you see after entering either Logon name or Password incorrectly. You will be asked to provide your Logon name and we will send your Password to the e-mail address you have provided during registration.
For sales, partnerships and employment opportunities,
please send an e-mail to dll-downloads.com.If
you are encountering problems using our web site or service, or
you would like to report PC-related problems/questions, please
write to dll-downloads.com
For general questions about our services and company, please use dll-downloads.com
You will receive an e-mail notification on your subscription status from a Lanarkshire-pc-hospital.co.uk Customer Care Group representative. To renew subscription log into your account after your previous subscription has expired and go to the Billing info section. The system will assist you and lead through the renewal process step-by-step. In case you have any questions or problems with the procedure, please contact our Customer Care Group.